Thinking About a Patent To Protect Crown Jewel Technologies In Your Start-Up Or Small Business?
If your business can profit from patent protection, we would like to share with you some information to maximize your ROI from a patent without wasting your time, money, and effort chasing the wrong patent.
Your 4-Phase Patent Journey Briefing
Watch this 2 minute video for an introductory briefing from Craige Thompson, Managing Principal Patent Attorney, on the 4 phases of your Patent Journey.
Where are you now?
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Phase 4
In Phase 1, ask:
- Can I even get a patent on my idea?
- How much will a patent cost?
- How long does the patent process take?
In Phase 2, ask:
- What information do I need to protect?
- Provisional vs. non-provisional?
- When can I safely market my idea?
In Phase 3, ask:
- Is my attorney getting me the right claims?
- Why is my patent getting rejected again?
- Is there a way to get through the PTO faster?
In Phase 4, ask:
- Who is infringing my patent?
- How can I monetize my patent asset?
- What can I do to maximize my ROI?
OUR LEGAL STAFF HAS EXPERIENCE SERVING HUNDREDS OF PATENT CLIENTS, SUCH AS...
Visit our library
- Litigation Quality Patent Articles: Thompson Patent Law has an extensive blog for clients, innovators, and inventors who love to read.
- IPR PTABCast: Craige shares his insight on cases affected by the appeal board.
Read Amazon's #1 Best Selling Book: Patent Offense
This valuable resource teaches inventors and innovators how to navigate through the patent process.
How the patent process works.
Many people have questions about what happens when you file a patent, and when the patent will be issued. We have created this simple Patent Process Flowchart for you, if you are wondering about the patent process or what happens after you have filed a patent application.
We help electrical engineers profit from their ideas TM
Want to know more about software patents?
We are doing a special Litigation Quality PatentCast series on software patents in the post-Alice era.